1. Welcome to Webmaster Talk. We are a community of skilled web developers looking to share our knowledge and expertise.
    If you're looking for assistance or want to share your knowledge with the community, consider joining our webmaster forum.

New Yahoo Mail Look - It Sucks

Discussion in 'Internet and Technology' started by lindbergh, Dec 13, 2012.

1. lindbergh Experienced Webmaster

Message Count:
    I'm not impressed with the new look of Yahoo Mail. It now looks so boring and uninspired. Yahoo opted to go for a more user-friendly interface as evidenced by its extremely simple layout. However, the navigation buttons look awful and the color is very bland. I hate the new look of Yahoo Mail. I liked the old one better.
  2. Jessi Experienced Quirkster

Message Count:
    Um.

People still use Yahoo Mail? :eek:

I had no idea. :p I'm sorry you're not liking their new interface, but hey, at least they're still trying to improve somehow?
  3. garfish Experienced Webmaster

Message Count:
    I do use yahoo mail till now. Yahoo mail still is common particularly in Asia not just because of mail but also for its instant messenger. Every time I log out of yahoo mail I'm prompt to local yahoo news and usually the local yahoo news is a war zone of people voicing out. :D
  4. lindbergh Experienced Webmaster

Message Count:
    I have been using Yahoo Mail ever since I learned how to use a computer. I wouldn't call the new interface an improvement though. I think it's a step back from its earlier version. Do you have any other recommendations for email services?
  5. garfish Experienced Webmaster

Message Count:
    Gmail is the most popular of all. Its what I mostly use for the legit account connecting to my paypal and bank accounts. I use my yahoo just for the sake of communicating those who uses yahoo through their instant messenger. There is also AOL which I think is meant for US but anyone can have an account. I do have one as far as I can remember.
  6. Kinal Experienced Webmaster

Message Count:
    I have used Yahoo Mail since yahoo came on the market. I am in agreement, I do not like the new style or interface.

As far as the "People still use Yahoo Mail?" thing... what is wrong with Yahoo Mail?
  7. themdno Experienced Webmaster

Message Count:
    I have a yahoo account as well, but it's not like it's the only email service I use. I see nothing about yahoo's mail that is any worse than gmail, or any of the others.

But, I would definitely agree with the OP, the new interface is no good. I am all for change, if the change is an improvement. But, this is no improvement. I'd much rather have what we had before.

With that being said, I do applaud them for at least being forward looking. They are trying, but let's just hope they keep trying, and don't just leave us with this.
  8. bryce12 Experienced Webmaster

Message Count:
    I use Yahoo mail for my secondary accounts and I agree that the new layout is awful. One thing that I particularly hate is that I am not instantly aware of whether I have new messages. The interface shows (999+) next to the Inbox link so I have to click on the link and see if there are any new messages. While Yahoo has tried to shift to a friendlier interface, I think they have failed miserably.
  9. Victor Leigh Web Veteran

Message Count:
    New look? I didn't notice that. Is it something that we can opt for or is it something pushed on us, like it or not? The interface that I have been using looks alright to me. Not the same as Hotmail or Gmail, of course, but still usable.
  10. VashStampede Web Veteran

Message Count:
    I didn't notice much change at all. But I guess most people do not like new changes if there is any.

Yahoo was the first email account I have ever used back in the 1990s. Then I switched to Gmail for some years until Google wrongfully banned my adsense. I dropped all Google products all together and went back to Yahoo. Their current mail looks just fine to me. I don't care much for the look, since it is also not my only email.
  11. kobajashi Rookie Webmaster

Message Count:
    I had the same thought exactly :). Gmail is faster, allows (or at least did when I checked) larger files, and integrates with a huge number of free services.
  12. bauss Experienced Webmaster

Message Count:
    I never liked Yahoo Mail, but I do have a account only because I signed up through facebook so I can play some of the yahoo games when I'm bored. The interface has never been good, and gmail or even hotmail I've always like better.
  13. Smokey Experienced Webmaster

Message Count:
    I never really used Yahoo mail so it doesn't really bother me too much. I generally use Gmail. :)
  14. biffula Newbie

Message Count:
    I'm actually amazed at all the sheeple that still use Google, the evil empire. I use yahoo and will never use google.
  15. BigBIgFan Experienced Webmaster

Message Count:
    I like having a yahoo email since I maintain a yahoo fantasy league account for football, baseball and hockey.

I don't like the new purple layout however, I miss the old layout. I also don't like that it doesn't check for new emails when I click on the inbox link repeatedly. It used to but now it just says "what?" and sits there like a lump.
  16. deansaliba Senior Webmaster

Message Count:
    To be honest I don't like the Hotmail (I know it has a different name now) design either, that is why I'm thankful I use the Live Mail client so I don't have to visit the site.
  17. ohiotom76 Senior Webmaster

Message Count:
    Looks like Yahoo just recently redesigned their home page as well. To be honest, I really don't like that either, the fonts in particular are too narrow and difficult to read.
  18. VashStampede Web Veteran

Message Count:
    I don't have a problem with Yahoo Mail, but Yahoo's new homepage is terrible. Now I can't even find their own news as easily as before. They have tons of news link lead us to other sites now, and silly them to have these outbound links above their own news links.

They are also desperate on getting revenue. Their pages are overloaded with ads these days. Somewhere I saw a TribalFusion ad in the footer lol.
  19. Dr Fox Newbie

Message Count:
    Totally agree with you, its bloody awful, I just can't get on with it. Crap is too nice a word. But how can we get our views heard? Or is it time to use our feet and move?
  20. rashidckk Experienced Webmaster

Message Count:
    I don't like Yahoo mail services. They can't compete gmail. My first email was set up in Yahoo mail but I left them soon when I felt disturbances with their service. After switching to gmail I never had any problems. I wonder why people still using yahoo for mailing.

Share This Webmaster Forum