1. Welcome to Webmaster Talk. We are a community of skilled web developers looking to share our knowledge and expertise.
    If you're looking for assistance or want to share your knowledge with the community, consider joining our webmaster forum.
    Dismiss Notice

List of tools SEO must need?

Discussion in 'Marketing Techniques' started by Mehwish, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Mehwish

Mehwish Experienced Webmaster

what are the most important Free SEO tools which every SEO must need for website campaign. I am totally confused that how many tools i choose for my new campaign.
    the best answer will be appreciated

2. HostPuma

HostPuma Premium Member

There many SEO tools out there and would need most of it, since each tool has a certain job.

Ex. Backlink checker, keyword density checker, meta tags checker, website speed check, HTML errors and validation check...etc

3. Jones Grobanss

Jones Grobanss Rookie Webmaster

Yes I agree there are lots of SEO tools to choose from. The best SEO tools I recommend is Google webmaster tools. Go ahead and check out.

4. Mehwish

Mehwish Experienced Webmaster

@jones Grobanss what are these tools? please give a clear list of these tools which are necessary for SEO during project and must be free

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76 Web Veteran

Screaming Frog SEO Spider is a helpful program to do an audit of your web site to check for things such as broken links and other issues. It's free for up to 500 spidered pages and assets, so if your site is relatively small you can get by on that for free. But if your site is more than 500 pages, you'll want to upgrade to the full version. If you are really on a shoestring budget or a zero budget, you could also look around on various "Black Hat" forums, and find a paid serial for it, but you should really buy it once you start making some money with it, and support the author.

Xenu Link Sleuth is a free program for spidering web sites as well, and it's entirely free. It's not as feature packed as Screaming Frog SEO Spider is, but for basic analysis it still works.

Same goes for many of the commercial SEO tools, you can often find pirated "cracked" copies of them on Blackhat forums, but just beware of getting any viruses from these - you should always run them through a virus scan such as Virustotal, before installing. It also helps to install them into a sandbox instead to protect them from potentially harming your computer. Sandboxie is a good program for sandboxing your system.

Neils Bosma offers a free Excel plugin called SEOTools, which is really useful for doing SEO analysis in Excel. You can upgrade the plugin to the Pro version later on if you choose to do so, for some additional functionality, but even the core free functionality is very useful.

OpenLinkProfiler.org is pretty good for examining your competitors backlinks. But be cautious as all the backlink tools out there, even the paid ones, all seem to return different results for a variety of reasons, so it's hard to say which one is the most accurate or useful.

Mehwish likes this.
  6. Pawley Bel

Pawley Bel Rookie Webmaster

Google Webmaster tools
    Small seo tool
    Ahrefs.com
    google keyword planner

Share This Webmaster Forum